Cultural Awareness: The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Community
As Mayo employees, we are all responsible for creating a positive, supportive environment that respects and values the diversity of patients and employees. This program will focus on GLBT issues, why they play a role in the workplace, and ways to create a respectful, inclusive environment. This program will also help caregivers better understand the particular needs and concerns of GLBT patients and their families.
After participating in this program, you should be able to:
- Describe five components of human sexual identity.
- Discuss myths and stereotypes about GLBT individuals and the effect these assumptions have on workplace communication and interactions.
- Explain how sexual identity is part of our work lives.
- Summarize ways to create a respectful, inclusive workplace for GLBT employees.
- Provide respectful, appropriate care to GLBT patients.
Length: 4.25 hours