Free iPhone/iTouch/iPad versions of the drug database and and a separate app for the interactions database available from the Apple Apps store. Note: The Micromedex Drug Interactions is free to Mayo staff but not to everyone. Go to the Web version of the full Micromedex , click on the "Mobile" link and scroll down to find the code to activate your subscription.
Installable version for Classic Palm and WindowsMobile devices.
Online access for all mobile devices including Blackberry. Get the Mayo username and password under the "Mobile" link.
- A comprehensive drug-based resource also spanning diseases, acute care, toxicology, alternative medicines, and patient education materials.
- Provides ability to factor in alternative medicines and allergies into drug interaction searches.
- Provides ability to build side-by-side drug comparisons.
- Includes full-text drug information including drug overviews, adverse effects, drug interactions.
- Find CareNotes (handouts for patients) on drug/disease/lab tests topics. Mayo-approved for patient distribution. English & Spanish versions.
- Best for broad single term searching - e.g., if looking for information on the adverse effects of coumadin, start your search by typing the single word, coumadin, in the search box; then select Adverse Effects from the Summary Information.
- References are included for the drug monographs, but are usually not the most recent and don't link into PubMed or another database.