Group Study Room Guidelines for Use
Masks must be worn at all times. The only occurrence when masks are allowed to be removed is if you are the only person in the room and the door is completely closed.
The following rules apply for the smaller group study room in the Library (Stabile 786N):
- A valid Mayo Clinic ID is required to check-out the room. The employee must present their Mayo Clinic ID at the circulation desk. No exceptions. No other form of identification will be accepted.
- Drop-ins are welcome, although priority will be given to study groups who have reserved the room ahead of time with the library assistant or librarian.
- Preferential treatment will be given to Mayo Clinic employees in groups of two or more for the purpose of collaborative learning.
- The room is available for individual use. However, there are limitations:
- Employees cannot reserve the room ahead of time for individual use. They must reserve on the day of use.
- If a group would like to use the room, the one individual will need to forfeit their reservation.
- *The only exception to the limitations above is if an employee needs to reserve the group study room for testing purposes. (This typically is only granted if the student is in an online course and has no other alternatives.)
- The room may not be left unattended for longer than 20 minutes. If the room is left unattended its use will be relinquished.
The following rules apply for the larger group study room in the Library (Stabile 788N):
- No reservations are taken for this room. This room contains 4 desktop computers for any staff member to use.
The following rules apply for the both group study rooms in the Library (Stabile 786N and Stabile 788N):
- Neither the Library nor Mayo Clinic is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the group study rooms.
- Individuals and groups are responsible for the condition of the room. Users of the group study rooms must clean up after themselves, and leave the room in good condition for the next users, including removing any item brought in with them (trash, pencils, pens, paper, etc).
- While the group study rooms are designed for group use, they are not soundproof. Please be considerate of other library users and maintain reasonable noise levels. To prevent noise from leaving the room, the door should be closed when the room is occupied.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in the immediate relinquishing of the room.
Occupants of Group Study Rooms (or any area in the Library) may be asked to leave the area or the Library for inappropriate behavior or for failure to follow these Group Study Room Guidelines for Use, Library policies (including the Food and Drink Policy), and/or the Mayo Clinic policies. Failure to follow the room policies or the online reservation policies/limits will result in the loss of Group Study Room privileges.
If you have questions, please ask Library staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.