Thank you for your interest in the Searching the Literature Selective. Please review the criteria below:
- First, contact the librarian at your campus (Cynthia Chelf (Rochester campus), Lisa Marks (Arizona campus), or Tara Brigham (Florida campus)) for pre-approval. Students should work with the librarian at their respective campus.
- Fill out the MCASOM selective form found here and submit it to your learning management system.
During your selective week:
- Review searching tips and techniques for PubMed.
- Conduct two literature searches. 1) a research topic of interest to you and 2) a clinical question, such as something that might come up when discussing a patient/particular patient population.
- Show your work for the searches. Bullet points are acceptable, but include a paragraph or two that is your reflection on the searching process.
- Send your work to Cynthia, Lisa, or Tara by the end of your selective.
- Schedule a 30-minute meeting via Outlook with Cynthia, Lisa, or Tara to discuss your selective experience. The meeting should occur the week after the selective, but can be negotiated with the librarian.