Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Anatomical models including a skeleton and body torso
- Book, Journal and Multimedia Collections
- Emergency Life Support Education Books (ITLS, NRP, PEARS and limited copies of ACLS & PALS) available for check out
- Fax machine access
- Two Group Study rooms with white boards/audio-visual equipment
- Self service copying and scanning
- Wireless access
Laptops needed for use beyond the library may be requested in advance through IT.
Emergency Life Support Education
If you're an employee based at Saint Marys and have a valid need for ongoing use of the library space in the evenings and/or on weekends, please inquire about after-hours access. Your supervisor may submit a request on your behalf.
Scope of Collection
- Critical Care
- Emergency Life Support Education (ITLS, NRP & PEARS)
- Emergency Medicine
- Healthcare Ethics
- Research assistance is available in-person or via the online Ask a Librarian service
- Keep up with the latest research in your field by receiving the tables of contents from healthcare journals via the Current Awareness Service
- Obtain articles and interlibrary loan materials with Document Delivery
Borrowing Privileges/Loan Periods
Mayo Clinic employees and students in Mayo-affiliated programs may check out materials.
Emergency Life Support Education Books (ITLS, NRP & PEARS)
Most items may be renewed for an additional loan period upon request. To renew call 255-5647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items may be returned:
- At the library service desk
- In the book return box outside Marian Hall 1-505
- At book return boxes throughout the hospital and elsewhere on the Rochester campus (find a list of Rochester book drop boxes here). These locations are retrieved only once per week, so returns may be delayed.
- At other Mayo Clinic libraries
- Using intraclinic mail, if library items are packaged and addressed to the Staff Library - Marian Hall 1-506
Saint Marys Hospital
Location: Saint Marys Campus, Marian Hall, 1-506
Book drop locations:
-Near elevators in the Generose Patient Parking Ramp Main Floor
-Generose Main Floor near Atrium
-East/Nasseff Tower Main Floor near restrooms
-Domitilla Main Floor near Employee Shuttle Entrance
-Wall receptacle Main Floor near West Entrance
*Badge scanning is required
Mon-Thur 7:30am - 8:00pm
Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Dana Gerberi, Librarian
Elissa Kinzelman-Vesely, Librarian
Marla Battey, Library Specialist
Gail Laxen, Library Associate