Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About the Library in Florida
- Document Delivery
- Copiers are available in the Library for self-service copying and scanning. Or, have the Library staff find, copy or scan articles for you.
- For books or other hard copy materials we prefer that you pick them up in the library to avoid materials getting lost in the mail.
- Inter-library loan (ILL): For materials not owned by the Mayo Clinic Libraries, we can acquire them through inter-library loan. However, since there are fees involved for acquiring these materials, your request should be limited to Mayo work-related projects (strictly patient care or research).
- Literature searches/ Research Requests
- Need information on a certain topic? Let the Florida Library librarians help you. Librarians will locate articles, books, Web sites, or videos on your topic. To request research assistance, please e-mail us or complete the Literature Search Request form.
- Personalized Educational Opportunities
- Do you want to learn how to search more effectively? What about learn how to use EndNote? We provide personalized educational opportunities for EndNote and Library resources, including the online catalog, Ovid databases, PubMed, Micromedex and Web of Science. These can be one-on-one consultations or small group sessions. We also offer a general overview of the Library, its collections and its service offerings. To set up a consultation or class, please e-mail us.
- Current Awareness
- Keep up to date on the articles being published in your field. Sign up for the Library's Current Awareness service and receive the table of contents (TOC) for journals arriving at the Library delivered straight to your email inbox.
- The best part of this service is that it either connects you directly to the full-text of the article or you can request it from the Library via email.
- Collection Development
- If you feel that our collections need to be strengthened in some areas, please let us know of specific titles. The one caveat, of course, would be to balance the purchase of materials with our budget.
Scope of Collection
The Mayo Clinic in Florida Library's collections focus on clinical medicine, nursing, basic research and administrative management. The Library retains textbooks for ~10 years.
Borrowing Privileges/Loan Periods
- Textbooks: 6-week loan period
- Audiovisuals (Videotapes; DVDs): 1 week loan period
- Materials may be renewed once unless another patron has requested the material.
The library on the Florida campus of the Mayo Clinic opened in 1986. Since then it has undergone many iterations, from being located in a temporary trailer to a 3000 square foot space in one of the research buildings to a somewhat smaller space in one of the clinical buildings, and now currently located on the 7th floor of an administrative building.
Tel: x3-2881 or (78)3-2881
Location: Vincent Stabile North, Room 784
x3-2881 or (78)3-2881
4500 San Pablo Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Mayo Clinic staff & learners:
- Click here to see when the Library will be staffed.
- 24-hour access with Mayo Clinic employee ID badge; including weekends
Non-Mayo Clinic individuals:
- Access is no longer available.
Food is not allowed in the library. (There is break room down the hall from the Library with a microwave and refrigerator if needed.) Covered drinks are allowed.
I.D.s must be visible at all times while in the library. If you’re not wearing a Mayo photo ID, please stop at the Circulation Desk. (Look for M. Martinez's desk.) Non-Mayo Clinic visitors are no longer allowed.
Unattended items left at a computer for more than 15 minutes may be subject to removal if the computer is needed by another library patron.