Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About the Medical Library in Florida
- Document Delivery
- Copiers are available in the Library for self-service copying and scanning. Or, have the Library staff find, copy or scan articles for you.
- For books or other hard copy materials we prefer that you pick them up in the library to avoid materials getting lost in the mail.
- Interlibrary loan: For materials not owned by the Mayo Clinic Libraries, we can acquire them through interlibrary loan. However, since there are fees involved for acquiring these materials, your request should be limited to Mayo work-related projects (strictly patient care or research).
- Requesting books from non-Mayo Clinic Libraries are possible, but fulfillment of such requests are dependent on availability of attaining the book and costs associated with it.
- Literature searches/ Research Requests
- Need information on a certain topic? Let the Florida Medical Library staff help you. The staff will locate articles, books, Web sites, or videos on your topic. To request research assistance, please e-mail us or complete the Literature Search Request form.
- Tailored Educational Opportunities
- Do you want to learn how to search more effectively? Or learn how to use the citation manager, Endnote? We provide tailored educational opportunities for Endnote and Library resources, including the online catalog, Ovid databases, PubMed, Micromedex and Web of Science. These can be personalized classes or one-on-one consultations. We also offer a general overview of the Library, its collections and its service offerings. To make a research request or set up a consultation or class, please call (78)3-2176 or e-mail us.
- Current Awareness
- Keep up to date on the articles being published in your field. Sign up for the Library's Current Awareness service and receive the table of contents (TOC) for journals arriving at the Library delivered straight to your email inbox.
- The best part of this service is that it either connects you directly to the full-text of the article or you can request it from the Library via email.
Scope of Collection
The Mayo Clinic Florida Medical Library's collections focus on clinical medicine, nursing, basic research and administrative management. The Library retains textbooks for ~10 years.
Borrowing Privileges/Loan Periods
- Textbooks: 3 week loan period
- Audiovisuals (Videotapes; DVDs): 1 week loan period
- Materials may be renewed once unless another patron has requested the material.
The medical library on the Florida campus of the Mayo Clinic opened in 1986. Since then it has undergone many iterations, from being located in a temporary trailer to a 3000 square foot space in one of the research buildings to a somewhat smaller space in one of the clinical buildings, and now currently located on the 7th floor of an administrative building.
Librarian and Library Supervisor
Tel: (78)3-2176 or 904-953-2176
Tel: (78)3-2881 or 904-953-2881
Mayo Clinic staff:
- Click here to see when the Library will be staffed.
- 24-hour access with Mayo Clinic employee ID badge; including weekends
Non-Mayo Clinic staff:
- Access is no longer available.
Location: Vincent Stabile North, Room 784
4500 San Pablo Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Food and drinks are not allowed in the library. (There is break room down the hall from the Library with a microwave and refrigerator if needed.)
Masks must be worn at all times in the Library. If you’re not wearing a mask, you will be asked to leave.
I.D.s must be visible at all times while in the library. If you’re not wearing a Mayo photo ID, please stop at the Circulation Desk. (Look for M. Martinez's desk.) Non-Mayo Clinic visitors are no longer allowed.
Unattended items left at a computer for more than 15 minutes may be subject to removal if the computer is needed by another library patron.