Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- 24-hour access to physicians. (Allied health staff can request after-hour access.)
- Photocopy machine (no charge to use the machines).
- Nine computer workstations (and B & W printer on the Mayo network) with Microsoft Office, Internet access, EndNote.
Scope of Collection
The Mayo Clinic Hospital collections focus on clinical medicine and surgery (including liver, kidney and bone marrow transplant surgery). The Library retains only the most recent editions of textbooks.
- Collection development
If you feel that our collections need to be strengthened in some areas, please let us know of specific titles. The caveat, of course, would be to balance the purchase of materials with our budget.
Full reference services are provided. Literature searches can be done from a variety of online databases. Traditional reference tools are also used to answer your questions.
- Mediated document delivery service
We will provide free, mediated document delivery. You may submit requests for articles to email@example.com, and we will triage them for you. You have the option of receiving them in PDF format, sent electronically to your email, or in hard copy via intraclinic mail or fax.
- Interlibrary loan
For requests for materials not owned by the Mayo libraries, we can acquire the material through interlibrary loan. There is no fee charged for this service.
Borrowing Privileges/Loan Periods
- Textbooks: 3 week loan period with 1 renewal for another 3 weeks.
- Audiovisuals: 3 week loan period.
- Materials may be renewed once unless another patron has requested the material.