All materials available through the Mayo Foundation Libraries should be assumed to be protected by copyright, unless specifically declared to be in the public domain, or otherwise outside of copyright protection. Full text journals, textbooks and reference works have been licensed from publishers to be available to Mayo staff and students for education, research and clinical care. License permits access to copyrighted material which may be a database, reference work, journal or textbook, by a specific community, for limited purposes, for specific period of time.
Mayo Foundation Libraries Electronic Resources
- Mayo staff, employees and students may search, view, and browse tables of contents, bibliographic and similar data, and full text content; and may print and/or download excerpts of reasonable quantity, provided that use of such excerpts is personal, and does not amount to or result in commercial distribution.
- Mayo users may not use the content for any of the following purposes:
- substantial or systematic reproduction
- re-distribution or re-selling in any manner
- systematic supply or distribution in any form to anyone other than a member of the Mayo Foundation
- systematic or substantial retention of content
- to modify, adapt, transform, translate or create any derivative work based on any materials or other content, or to infringe the copyright or other proprietary right
The Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions appears on all library requests for photocopy, and are posted at all photocopy machines.