Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get PubMed References into a Citation Management Software
Follow these steps to export records from PubMed:
- Open the Endnote library you would like to import the record into
- Open a web browser (e.g. Chrome) and go to PubMed
- Select a record in PubMed
- Select and choose the 'Send to' pull down menu
- Select 'Citation Manager'
- Select 'Create File'
- The citation should download - look to the bottom of the web window (in Chrome). Click on this download.
- The citation should directly import into Endnote