Follow these steps to access the app from your mobile device:
Open up UpToDate from a computer connected to the Mayo Clinic network.
Create an account to UpToDate.
Download app from iTunes or Google Play
Login with your username/password
If you have an existing UpToDate username and password, please make sure you have logged in at least once to a computer on the Mayo network before downloading the App.
Up to Date is a clinical resource specifically created to assist with diagnosis and treatment. Topic reviews are presented that address a specific clinical issue. Recommendations are provided for those cases that are undergoing treatment or management. Images and references are included as well as links to related topics.
- Contains synthesized topic reviews that cover all of the major aspects of a particular condition, including symptoms, tests and diagnosis, and treatment options
- Topic outlines allow for easy navigation and delineate different types of content such as graphics and references
- References link directly to the library catalog
- Topic reviews are written by clinicians and undergo a peer-review process; the date of last revision is also displayed
- Treatment recommendations are graded to quickly assess their strength and quality of the evidence
- A number of clinical calculators are available
- The What's New tab highlights important updates
- Printable patient information is readily available
- CME is available for physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners
- Represents only 16 medical specialties
- An updated version of UpToDate is released every four months
- Remote access is not available for UpToDate; you must be on campus to use