As alternatives, you might also consider searching MEDLINE (Ovid) or PubMed if you don't find what you're looking for in CINAHL:
CINAHL stands for Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature. Hosted by the company, EBSCO, it covers nursing and allied health journals.
-Be careful with limits! It is best NOT to use full-text and evidence-based practice in CINAHL.
- Subject headings specific to nursing/allied health
- Ability to limit searches to research articles, articles from peer reviewed journals, care plans, and articles authored by nurses
- Offers proximity searching capability. For example, kidney N5 failure will find results that contain kidney failure as well as failure of the kidneys
- Research articles include the names of the instruments used in the studies
- Includes references to selected nursing doctoral dissertations, conference proceedings/abstracts, and book chapters
- Includes references to Cochrane Systematic Reviews
- Helps you automatically format references according to APA style (look for the "cite" icon in full records)
- Can view the references cited by many of the indexed articles
- HTML full text documents in EBSCO can be downloaded as MP3 files as well as translated into other langauges
- Articles in CINAHL go back to 1981; PubMed and MEDLINE (Ovid) go back to 1947