Covers the world's literature in psychology and the behavioral sciences. Produced by the American Psychological Association and available through Ovid at Mayo.
- Focuses on psychology & the psychological aspects of related disciplines such as medicine, nursing, education, and management/organizational psychology
- Includes references to journal articles, dissertations, selected books/book chapters
- Coverage from 1806 to date
- Subject headings unique to the psychology literature
- Offers proximity searching capability. For example, physician adj5 relationship allows you to search for a string of terms within five words of physician and relationship such as relationship of the physician to the patient
- Includes a field for searching Tests and Measures [field is labeled TM]
- Many of the journals/books contained in PsycINFO aren't available at Mayo and would need to be requested from another library via interlibrary loan