International in scope, EMBASE is a major biomedical database covering all of Medline and 2700 unique journals.
- Unrivaled for covering drug and pharmaceutical-related literature.
- Offers proximity searching capability. For example, lung adj5 transplant allows you to search for a string of terms within five words of lung and trunsplant such as lung and antibiotics therapy in transplant.
- Citations date back to 1947.
- Shares the same interface with Ovid Medline and other Ovid databases.
- Includes recent conference abstracts (2009+).
- Includes references to the evidence-based Cochrane Systematic Reviews.
-Covers pre-publication Articles in Press.
- Search different Ovid databases at one time, e.g., you can search MEDLINE & EMBASE simultaneously (however, the "Map Term to Subject Heading" feature, which automatically utilizes a database controlled vocabulary, such as MeSH or EMTREE, is disengaged).
- When doing a subject search, you must select the Explode option to expand search results.