You'll need to have an account set up using your Mayo email address. Create account in Scopus.
Users of Scopus can now search for and download peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters from their devices.
Search the App stores based on your device-- iOS, Android.
Scopus is an immense database of scientific, technical and medical information, including all of MEDLINE, with added coverage of the arts and humanities literature.
Click here for more about specific coverage details.
- Highly international in scope
- Helps you find older, but important articles (seminal articles)
- Updated daily
- Includes conference papers, patent records, scientific web pages, and some book series
- Offers proximity searching capability. For example, lung W/5 transplant allows you to search for a string of terms within five words of lung and transplant such as lung and antibiotics therapy in transplant.
- Includes references to the evidence-based Cochrane Systematic Reviews
- Provides sophisticated tools to analyze research activity including Citation Tracker and Journal Analyzer
- Does not provide a built-in thesaurus or controlled vocabulary so you may retreive an overwhelming number of results using keywords if only needing a limited number of articles on a topic.
- Author cited references only extend back to 1996